Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15xLhdDpc

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

It's a conspiracy!

Today was my "senior citizen's day" in that I take Odd Chick's husband's father to the doctor and do the Walmart, Sam's, FCM, and feed store thing. Odd Chick is married to my brother so you can figure it out. I sailed by Odd Chick and Greg's house for a quick cup of java before starting the obstacle course before me. Like Ranch Wife, I have an......adversion, to the unusual sights and sounds that often, well always, awaits me in town. I've never considered myself snooty but I guess I do have some prejudices against trans...everything! Like oil and water, some people were simply not meant to be stirred together in confining places. For example, we let our milk cows out to pasture one summer when we dried them up and the ranch cows never hung out with the milk cows. They separated themselves on purpose - not one class of cows being better or worse than the other, just different. My brother assured me there was not some evil conspiracy against me - memos were not being sent out for all the gangbangers, druglords and trans...things to take their positions throughout the city to purposely on purpose irritate me and make my day unbearable. Now that I'm home and the groceries are put away, I am thankful I don't live amongst all the wierdness. By the same token, I'm sure their are a few people who are thankful I'm home as well. Till next time, adios.

9 comments:

Ranch wife said...

I for one think it is a conspiracy. But I am kind of a conspiracy nut case anyway. Ha Ha
But isn't it nice that you can go home and leave it all behind?
I have yet to see the trans...thing. I think maybe the he/she just waits until it knows you are in town to present it's self...a conspiracy.
Love ya
~M~

Odd Chick said...

odd chick had to speak up for all odd people

- normal is just a setting on your dryer.

But even Jesus had to get out of town sometimes....

Paula said...

Fortunately for us in the heart of the midwest, extreme weird consists of severe buttcrack, mutliple eartagging and branding!

Give it a couple years, though, and normal will be weird!

Anonymous said...

There are weird people in Artesia too. Especially at K-Mart. I wonder if I saw the same trans..thing that you are seeing. John and I saw one at Subway one time. I had never seen one before....my life was changed.

Ranch Wife said...

And that is exactly why I am a master procrastinator when it comes to going into town! UGH! This summer we really should make plans to go in pairs...it's a scary, scary place I tell ya!

Ranch wife said...

I had to go into Walgreens South last night before Cowboy Church. Oh My...it was a very scary experience. We drove up and parked behind some gang-bangers. I waited till they drove off before leaving Sara and Nathan in the jeep, Buck had run over the Albertsons for something. Then as I was walking in a met a witch...yep had the big honking witch symbol thing on a necklace. Inside I stood to check out by a possibly drunk woman. And was followed in line by a dude that looked like one of the hillbillies in the movie..Deliverance...which I do not recommend by the way..it is awful. As I was walking out the hillbillies kept hollering and I thought they were looking a me...but the fella was just gotch-eyed and it was another lady on the other side of the parking lot...whew...then we were almost hit by a minivan on the way out of the parking lot. I will never go to Walgreens south on a Friday evening ever again.....
Have a great day!
M

cottonpicker said...

Guess where the transthing works?!
The vampire department at the old hospital. Go ahead, ask me how I know! I must have friends in l

o


w
places.....

Paula said...

You girls! I think the weirdos lay in wait for you!

I was wondering why I haven't seen new posts on ya'll blogs . . . now I know why . . . you've been in counseling!

Ranch wife said...

Blogging is a resposbibility and I really don't think that just because you have 160 truck loads of hay to haul that is any excuse!
Your friend
~M~