Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15xLhdDpc

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ah, the life of a dog!

What is it between the human race and dogs? I know from personal experience that there are few people I choose to jeehaw with, but it seems with the canine species I always feel right at home. I genuinely prefer their company over most people. They greet you with a smile in the morning, don't care what you fix for breakfast and are happy with whatever you have planned for the day as long as they're included. They don't care how ugly or fat you are, if you are wearing the latest trend or not; actually they like you better if you have on your "shit boots" and some interesting smells from the cow pen as an accessory.

When I left the house this morning heading to town, I decided to take both pups with me. The wind was howling already and since they are not quite house broke, leaving them inside is not an option just yet. I had several stops to make and both pups behaved themselves better than most of the kids and adults I was forced to have encounters with.

And another thing.....dogs don't bogart the remote control; they're content watching a chick flick....... for the fourth time already; they are ready to go to bed anytime you're ready...whatever! They are not demanding or selfish. They love you more than they love themselves, and they do not hold a grudge. They appreciate all that you do for them and have no superfluous expectations.

At the end of the day, when you're all "peopled out", the best therapy in the world is sitting in an easy chair, scratching on a lap dog. Your lap dog may be two pounds or 200 pounds but something almost magical happens between your fingertips and your heart. Till next time, adios.

4 comments:

Pat - Arkansas said...

You're making me want to get another dog, Cottonpicker! I lost my three canine companions several years ago, and have been mostly content with my three cats. I generally find cats easier to deal with, and I love these to pieces, but as you said, nothing beats sitting and scratching on a lap dog!

Pat - Arkansas said...

P.S., Cottonpicker, I meant to have already said "thanks" for your comments on my blog. I appreciate them. I would have e-mailed you but didn't see a link. By the way, I admire your banner, it's great! And, the pictures of your family,I assume, are wonderful.

Paula said...

Cottonpicker - I've thought of getting a lap dog . . . everytime I think I need another baby in the house, the dog idea gets better!

Paula in Udall

Ranch wife said...

When I left yesterday, both Taylor and Rambo were streched out in the recliner. Rambo is not meant to be a lap dog..he thinks he is a poodle in a doberman suit. :) Hope you are having a better day today.
M.