Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15xLhdDpc

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Yeehaw for Yo-Yo's

It's only taken me three days to recover from Ranch Wife and my trip to the panhandle of Texas. While browsing at all the quilting paraphanalia at the show, we got the bright idea that we could make yo-yo's quick fast and in a hurry. We thought of all the cute accessories we could make for ourselves, daughters and grandaughters......hint hint Jen. It became a regular feeding frenzy at the material rack matching this with that...the possibilities were endless! Well girfriends, let me tell you what.....that little yo-yo doodad is not only complicated but my first yo-yo looks like a night cap for a mouse. The instructions are in four different languages -one of which should be simple enough to grasp. All I can say is....well, that's a cottonpicker.

Thinking that I could rise to the top of the bucket, I decided to hook up my wireless router to my computer. Ranch wife and I had gone round and round with the salesmen at Curcuit City in which we refused to buy any extras for anything! One of the said items I refused to buy was a "walk ya thru it instructions" for $80.00 which I balked at. I may not have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express but I thought I was swavey enough to read thru the prompts and intall my handy dandy router. Well thirty minutes and three meltdowns later I broke down and called the 1-800 number and immediately got hooked up with an Asian gal who spoke broken english. Is there a reason why these multi-million dollar companies can't hire SOMEBODY that can speak ENGLISH??? Anyhoo, she managed to walk me through the complicated process of revamping the systems thereof. Not sure who was more frustrated- her or me but we got' er done! And just for the record, I believe Ranch wife has impuned my honor and must be shot!
I never once embarrassed, harassed, confused, or otherwise discredited her in any possible manner....she's was clearly hopped up on caffeine and sugar and was just being mean and hateful. But I too am a forgiving person and will offer her the peace pipe as soon as she publicly apologizes to me...and makes me a coconut creme pie. Well, till we meet again, adios.

4 comments:

Pat - Arkansas said...

I'm loving your new blog, and the way you tell a story! I found you in a roundabout way through a link on The Pioneer Woman to the Rancher's Wife and then to you. Keep up the wonderful stories! I've subscribed to your feed and will be checking in every time you have a new post. - Pat

Odd Chick said...

I really enjoyed your blogging "little" sister. You are an engaging and humorous writer! I'm so glad you are finding your creative voice and sharing the uniqueness of your very special self (that Greg and I enjoy so much) with so many others. You blessing others will enhance your life - like those crazy yo-yos, it all comes back to you. Thanks for sharing.

Sara said...

Just want you to know that I have not let the comment about me being mean and hateful, hopped up on caffine and such slip by. I am just giving a think to my response. :) :) :)
Coconut cream pie indeed!
Ranch Wife...who is posting under an assumed name because I am too lazy to go and chance my identity.

Anonymous said...

Wonder if Mama has grandson's, instead of grandaughter's? Just what can you make out of yo-yo's for a boy? Or rather, what would you make for a wee boy, that his papa would let him wear? Hmmmm???