Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15xLhdDpc

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hormone Hell

I'm not sure exactly what a hormone is, but I know I've got more than my share. And when the hormones of every female in our house combine their military strength, it's an awesome force of nature! In my opinion, I believe hormones are responsible for nation rising against nation, kingdom against kingdom, famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. All these truly are the beginning of sorrows. Hormones can take a happy-go-lucky 17 year old girl to a place of weeping and gnashing of teeth. And there are days when the only difference between the usual sweet nature of the women of this family and a growling junk yard dog is lipstick! I simply don't understand it. And you cannot predict these bouts of insanity. However, through many years of intensive research of this scary phenomenon, I've found that numerous hugs, kisses and a pound or more of chocolate revives peace negotiations, ending the hostilities against all innocent members in the household. There is no way to predict how long this state of bliss will last, but as we all know, it doesn't last long. My advise is only to "speak your mind and ride a fast horse." Till next time, adios.

6 comments:

Ranch wife said...

Trying really hard not to laugh. I am making a Texas Sheet cake later, a wonderful gooey sugary chocolaty mess of a cake...sending a piece your way.
~M~

Odd Chick said...

Hey, I've been so inspired by your hilarious blogs I've tried my hand at it. I mean, not at being hilarious, because I can't, but creating something fun to share. Wish you were here to help. Stop by when you can and leave the hormone hell behind ya! I'll have coffee and chocolate just in case.

Anglican Mama said...

Haha, this was great! I printed it out and read it to my family--my grandparents and my aunt were visiting as well--and we all we crying with laughter. We relate the joke with reality, since our family is so endowed with daughters!

I have a book that I collect "parables" in--ones I've written, or ones that others have--do you mind if I put you down in it for "Hormone Hell" and "Changing Gears"? :-)

cottonpicker said...

Be my guest Jen Hill! Glad you could appreciate the humerous side of raising daughters!!

Ranch Wife said...

Oh my ~ LOL! Laughing with you on this one and stocking up on chocolate next time I'm in town. Call me if you need re-enforcements!

Paula said...

Am planning to have whatever surgery necessary to control these little monsters! They have attacked this gal with full force!