Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15xLhdDpc

Monday, April 21, 2008

The albatross has landed!

Katie has been dreaming of her first prom since grade school. Prom is now only one week away and the albatross I left on my kitchen table, was there waiting for me this morning, squawking "Fix Me"! It was a thing of beauty when I bought it. Even though it was more than two sizes too big, my thick German blood assured me that at THAT price I could fix anything. A prom dress is a ridiculous investment considering it will be worn only for a couple of hours and there's really nothing else you can wear it to. This dress, I thought was a Godsend, in that it was handmade for a young lady that at the last minute decided not to go to prom, and the dress shop was asking very little for it. There is really no telling how many hours of blood, sweat and tears the seamstress poured into six layers of lace, netting and intricate beading, only to find her masterpiece in a second hand shop. All I can measure is the amount of blood, sweat and tears I have poured out altering this.... well, it's now a done deal and it best fit.
Before I dared this gnarly task, I first had to have the necessary support of my ever faithful cheering squad. "In this corner, weighing in with a mop bucket in one hand and a phone in the other is Ranch Wife, advising me to quit being a a sissy and jump right in!" In the other corner, baking cookies and homeschooling, was Dirtscrapper counseling me with inspiring phrases of encouraging promise." Sometimes, you just have to "pull up your big girl panties and deal with it!" I will post pictures of this dress come Saturday nite and all the hoopla that goes with this most anticipated event. Till then, adios.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the 'albatross'!

Ranch wife said...

Glad to have been of help. And that the albatross landed and didn't poop in your kitchen.
Have a better day.
Ranch Wife, with mop bucket in hand. Ha Ha