Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15xLhdDpc

Friday, April 11, 2008

"This is the day the Lord has made....

....we will rejoice and be glad in it"......along with the wind, dirt, sand and manure. As friend, foe or family can tell you, I try my level best to see my bucket as half full, not empty. Along with most agriculture entrepreneurs, we would love to see our bucket overflowing with rain water instead of the brief list mentioned above. I hear people complaining all the time about the weather; in grocery store lines, at salebarns, farmstores, and I have on occasion caught myself complaining after trying to water my young plants that are laying horizontal to the dry ground after a 60 mph wind. Seems my whole adult life has been spent looking for rain clouds. And up to this point, after keen observation, and years of experience, I have come to the conclusion that my complaining does not prompt the hand of God to expedite a good old fashioned "turd floater" . May I even go so far as to say that I believe complaining hinders His desire to bless us. I bet my attitude must remind Him of at least one of the children of Isreal who wandered in the winderness whining about the weather, the menu, this , that and something else and they didn't even have cheese to go with their "whine"! All that got them was another trip around the mountain. Good thing their boot leather didn't wear out! I really need to find within myself that place where I can rejoice in all things, knowing full well that the Lord knows my needs even better than I do. He hasn't forgotten we need rain but will supply all our needs according to His wonderful purpose. Till then, keep looking up and keep the feed wagons rolling! Adios.

3 comments:

Pat - Arkansas said...

Gosh, Cottonpicker, I'm sorry you folks didn't get any rain! We've had several days of toad-stranglers here; along with tornado and flash flood warnings. Your attitude is great. We can't change a single thing by complaining. I sure hope the good Lord doesn't withhold His blessings because of our whining. We'd all be in a world of hurt.
Wishing you some gentle, soaking showers! -- Pat

Ranch wife said...

I have to say that I am very impressed by your wonderful way of writing. And yes I am serious, not sarcastic. Good post. Can't wait till the Playtex one tomorrow.
Signing off for the night.
Ranch Wife

Paula said...

I am so delighted with you NM Ranch Women! Ya know, even when we have rain, (which we have had our fair share and yours) our sinful nature finds something else to complain about! I shall follow your lead and always look at how full my bucket is and how good my bras are!

I found out on Ranch Wife's blog what you do with all them snakes! I am such a lightweight!

Paula in Kansas