Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15xLhdDpc

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Running buck naked

Ever feel like running buck naked down the road wearing nothing but a smile? Try not to picture that, but that's kinda how I feel today. It's been a rather long haul lately and I know the Good Lord has promised not to give us more than we can bear but sometimes I think He gets mighty close. Ya know what a full bucket of milk looks like after you've let it sit a while? The good, the bad and the ugly rises to the top of the bucket. If you don't strain it and get the "stuff" out, you can't enjoy the milk or the cream. I kinda feel like I've been being strained. Not that I'm complaining though, because it's been a good thing. When your plate get's full, you have a tendency to prioritize what's important and bunk the junk. You just don't have the time nor the energy to fret the small stuff. Plus, I think being tired keeps your mind straight. Ross has a good friend who's dad was the foreman of the Diamond A Cattle Company some years ago. Come Saturday afternoon about four o'clock, a truckload of sack feed would come rolling in. Those boys had to unload the truck before they could go out that night. No coincidence there! Well, I guess I've finally come to the place of taking one day at a time and blooming wherever I'm planted at the moment. My circumstances haven't changed, but I have found that I can blossom purt near anywhere, doing anything. When you finally let go and let God have the reins of your life and quit trying to ride herd on everything and everybody, you can rest even when you're working hard. Also, I have finally discovered that I cannot and should not fix everything that happens in the lives of my sweet but adventurous offspring anymore. Oh, it used to be easy. When the kids were little, there was nothing a bandaid and a kiss couldn't fix. What I wouldn't give for a bandaid big enough to cover all their teenage bumps and bruises. So I did the only thing I could think of at the time and gave 'em back to Lord and told Him I'd done the best I could do, and He could handle them from here...... and He has but I have a tendency to offer my advise when I think He needs it.... which He doesn't ...just makes me feel like I'm helping. Anyway, back to the buck naked part. We got two inches of rain last night so I got the whole day to myself....in town....getting groceries...not in a hayfield....so there ya have it. Till next time, adios.

4 comments:

Pat - Arkansas said...

{}= Hug

{Cottonpicker}

Anonymous said...

Good post Lora, I needed that reminder to let God have the reins. Seems like I ALWAYS need that reminder. :) I get crazy, and start wanting certain things to happen, and I just gotta sit back and give God the reins.

Paula said...

Buck Nakes huh?! Sometimes celebrations call for extreme measures - go ahead and roll in that mud while you are at it! Really enjoy the blessing!!

I can't wait to hear how the trip to the grocery store goes!

Ranch wife said...

Well...Well what is there left to say? You have said it all and said it well.
Ok about the running...um...buck naked....I don't know that it is scriptural...but I don't know that it isn't either! You might want to wait for the wind to die down, or maybe not...it could make for a cheap ex foliated spa treatment. Ha
~M~ who choses to keep her clothes on, much to the worlds relief!