Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15xLhdDpc

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mamaws ain't not cool

Got a new perspective on the title, word, meaning and responsibility of the word "Grandma", or "Mamaw" as I have chosen to be called. Used to when I heard this word, a little fragile blue haired woman with a cane, a cat and the smell of "tonic" came to mind. Now however, after enduring twenty-seven of the longest, most heart wrenching, wonderful hours of my life, I see "Mamaw" as great strength, wisdom, agility, endurance, compassion and tireless sacrifice. How this little seven pound bundle no bigger than a sack of sugar can capture one's heart so completely in the matter of minutes is a complete mystery to me, but I'm here to say, it's worth it all!

7 comments:

Ranch wife said...

Oh boy can't wait till tomorrow! It has been quite a few years since I have gotten to sit and rock a baby!
She is a cutie. Love the pictures. So very glad that she a K. are doing well and soon to be home.
What a weekend!
~M~

Pat - Arkansas said...

Congratulations, Mamaw! I'm glad that all is well. May God's blessings be upon all of you. - Pat

Paula said...

Oh, sweet joy! Nothing like the smell of new baby! Love the pictures - faces are always good to see! Blessings to you as you start this adventure being Mamaw!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! She's a doll, hopefully I can see her someday soon! :)

Ranch Wife said...

Welcome little one! So will I have to juggle for my place in line to snuggle with this precious little bundle?

Now I get to call you Yee Haw Mamaw!

Countrygirl said...

Congratulations on that sweet baby girl. Glad that all went well and she's here! May God bless you all.

Anonymous said...

Just a note to tell ya that I changed my domain to http://ranchraisedgirl.blogspot.com I didn't like having my name as my domain. :)
You'll have to change it on your blog list. :)