Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15xLhdDpc

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A few of my favorite things!

A while back, Ranch Wife challenged us all to post a few of our favorite things. It's not that I chose not to participate in this group effort, but like a good stew, you must throw a few things in the pot occasionally and let them simmer a while. As good as that sounds, the truth of the matter is, all I had to throw in my pot was hog jowls, possum and greens. A bad attitude had absolutely nothing to do with my lack of recognizing the blessings in my life...well, maybe I was a bit short sighted. However, I am happy to report that the scales have fallen off my eyeballs and I am ready to return to my normal sweet self. { You can wipe the smirk off your face at any time Ranch Wife} Not to sound overly sentimental, but the past two weeks have allowed me to appreciate what is truly important in this life and I am investing my time and efforts more wisely. Karli has absolutely nothing to do with that either. {You can quit gigglin too Dirt Scrapper} I believe with all my heart that a woman's first and only priority is to rock whatever baby is in their home at the time. It is only when this baby no longer wants to be rocked that we invent hobbies to take the place of this most wonderful but short lived task. Rocking tends to get a little difficult however, when they are 6'4" and weigh over 200 lbs. but it can still be done with a little finagling . Another favorite thing is sitting on the front porch with my husband in the cool of the evening and just visiting. In this day and age with all the busyness and such, we tend to become preoccupied with life and living and we neglect those we live with. I tend to do that on purpose occassionally, but we'll pick that one up another time. I also love the sound of thunder, flashing lightning, the smell of an imenent rain storm and the sound of rain running off the tin roof of the house . I love road trips with special friends.....as long as they behave themselves. I love to watch puppies play, homemade icecream, swimming in a stocktank, the dust boiling down the road of a kid coming home for the summer...... and at times the dust boiling the other direction as they make their way back to college. I love New Mexico sunrises and sunsets, snowstorms and everything about Christmas. I've even been known to play Christmas in July. I love riding in the tractor with my brother, the smell of a hayfield, the satisfaction of a job well done. Last, but not least I love the Lord for all He has blessed me with and the opportunity to fellowship with the sweet souls that I have met through this blogging adventure. Till next time, adios.

4 comments:

Countrygirl said...

Beautiful baby! I love the one of her with her Great Grandaddy! Blessings come from all things, don't they? Sometimes we have to look hard - and then, as with little Karli - we just know that she's God's gift!

Ranch wife said...

Awww loved the post,loved the pictures. What a little blessing.
~M~

Sara said...

I love your posts Lora :) Karli is SO cute!!

Paula said...

I held my 12 year old on my lap just the other day. Why is it we think that because they are bigger we need to stop this act of affection? Granted, after about 5 minutes, I couldn't breathe, my legs were asleep and I was starting to get light headed . . . but still, I soaked up the opportunity!

Need more Karli - I have baby fever!