Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15xLhdDpc

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Kids, Cows and More

So there I was girls, one arm behind her head and the other under her leg, counting down from ten with each contraction.......cheering her on and fussing at her to push harder. I've birthed a bunch of critters in my day, but never one of my own. And for all you potential grandmothers out there, it's best not to joke about having ob chains and prolapse needles out in the pickup. Really.... nobody will think it's funny but you. { Don't ask me how I know.} Honestly, nobody has a sense of humor these days. I must say, my last blog was a bit sentimental.....I think I was lactating at the time. Speaking of lactating, I believe Katie's milk has finally arrived. The past few hours of tears and frustration explains much of the bad behavior of my favorite milk cow Abigail, {may she rest in peace} after she calved and I milked her for the first time.... only Katie hasn't kicked me or stepped in my milk bucket yet. The hormone hell we endured two months earlier pales in comparison to what we are experiencing now. And this too shall pass..quickly I hope. It's been three days now and I believe I am regenerating the loss of active brain cells. With each bottle washed, diaper changed and kiss given, I am slowly getting back to normal... whatever normal is. With that said, I believe Karli needs another kiss....and probably a diaper change.

8 comments:

Ranch wife said...

the funny thing is...Buck always has a prolapse needle, string, and chains. He carries them in a coffee can in the floorboard. He is a man prepared for anything. Ha
We always have a nice set of kickers hanging in the milking stall in the barn...holler if you need them.
I can't understand why people just don't get our down home humor.
It's a good thing that we think we are funny.:)
Sleep well Mamaw and give Karlie a kiss from Aunti YeeHaw M.

~M~

Pat - Arkansas said...

Hang in there, Mamaw Cottonpicker! As you said, "this, too, shall pass." Sending good thoughts to you all.

Paula said...

Oh, Poor Katie! It hasn't been that long ago that my milk came in for two! I thought, dad-gum, these things hurt and I couldn't get them little rascals fed quick enough! I was being milked every two hours on the dot! I will never be the same! However!!!! I was quite impressed with what I was totin' around! But, as Pat said, this, too, shall pass!

Hang in their Mamaw! She'll start likin' it, because a good milkin' feels like a good foot massage! (Down-home humor)!

Anonymous said...

Ya know, John seems to think that since he has pulled a few calves and sewed up a few prolapsed cows, that if ever I go through childbirth...and have need of help, he'll know exactly what to do.

cottonpicker said...

Ranch wife, I had an old pair of kickers mysteriously disappear. I may need to borrow yours!
Pat, thankyou for all good thoughts!
Paula, I never thought to put a good milkin' and a foot massage together, but I believe you hit the nail on the head!
Jen - John will know just what to do till the time gets here and then you best have an extra diaper handy! Ha!
Thankyou for all the prayers, visits, gifts, coconut creme pie, and love for my family. Friends are surely worth their weight in gold!!

cottonpicker said...

Ranch wife, I had an old pair of kickers mysteriously disappear. I may need to borrow yours!
Pat, thankyou for all good thoughts!
Paula, I never thought to put a good milkin' and a foot massage together, but I believe you hit the nail on the head!
Jen - John will know just what to do till the time gets here and then you best have an extra diaper handy! Ha!
Thankyou for all the prayers, visits, gifts, coconut creme pie, and love for my family. Friends are surely worth their weight in gold!!

Ranch Wife said...

You know, I've got an empty pair of arms that will willingly rock a baby, fold into payer and swing along as they walk down a dirt road beside a friend ~ don't hesitate to call.

Ranch wife said...

I want new baby pictures. Enough said.
~M~