Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15xLhdDpc

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Five generations

Well, it took an act of Congress and a small miracle to gather this bunch long enough for a picture. Hard to believe the matriarchs of our family grew up without the luxuries of running water and electricity - not to mention central air and a satellite dish....internet, microwave, cell phone....the list could go on and on. It was a different world indeed and I think in some ways better. It seems we spend more time working for the things that make our lives easier. Makes no sense does it!! I expect my coffee to be done by 7:00am, after I roll out of my sleep number bed {my number is 45}, I set our central air on 72 degrees and my dvr receiver records my favorite shows during the night so they're ready to watch at my convenience. I enjoy my hot baths, washer, dryer, and all the other conveniences we Americans are accustomed to. If I could somehow be thrown back in time about a hundred years, I'm not sure I could manage myself, much less a family. By the same token, if these saint of old were to come visit us, I'm not real sure they would be too impressed with us either. Makes you wonder what the world will be like during the thousand year reign when Christ is the "Commander in Chief"! Will this world hold the simplicity of ages old, or am I going to have my sleep number bed in my mansion?? Just wondering.....till next time, adios.

5 comments:

Ranch wife said...

Ok Cottonpicker....where is the picture?

cottonpicker said...

I was having Technical difficulties!!

Paula said...

My sleep number is 25! I love my bed and thanking the Lord for the blessing!

Little Karli is just yummy! Gives me baby girl fever!

Ranch Wife said...

Technical difficulties...LOL! Bet they didn't have too many of those in the days of old!

That will truly be a treasured photo!

Countrygirl said...

Perfection takes time, right?
My sleep number is 45, and after spending the weekend visting family - I really missed it. I think if I went back in time, I would take it with me. Great post!