Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15xLhdDpc

Monday, June 2, 2008

Whew! Hotter 'n hell?

No, it probably wasn't hotter 'n hell but when you work in 106 degree heat with a steady wind blowing, it sure makes you glad you're saved!! I look at all the beauty the good Lord puts in front of me everyday and wonder how people miss the love of God. Then I haul hay all day in this blistering heat and wonder how people miss the judgement of God. I guess Christians just naturally pick up on all this symbolism and see the spiritual side of everything. When you work in agriculture, God just shows up. He may be found in a beautiful sunrise or a rainbow after a good rain. I see Him when a mother cow licks her new baby off, or in a wheat field waving in the wind. Looking up at the sky on a moonless night never ceases to amaze me. Can't imagine how anyone could think this world showed up by chance. Well, cottonpicker is plumb smooth wore out so I'm calling it a day. Till next time, adios.

4 comments:

Paula said...

There are days I wish I could be in the "dry" heat. We've been in the 90's with about 75-80% humidity. I know that sounds luxurious to someone who desperately needs rain but the air is so thick you can slice it with a knife!

We'll be cutting our hay soon if the rain will hold off! I love the smell of fresh cut hay . . . do not like to pick 'em up though!

May you have a beautiful rain that quenches the fire!

Blessings to you . . .

Countrygirl said...

Great post. The Lord is all around us - in everything we see and do. Thanksfully, we know Him as our Savior.
We have a very dear friend in Arkansas who was in a house fire as a teenager - he said he would never stray from God because he already knew what hell's fires were like!

Ranch wife said...

Preach on sister! I think that country folks like us have a special appreciation for the Lord, as in that we get the awesome chance to see Him at work everyday in His creation.
Stay as cool as you can possibly stay in a semi in a hay field in this heat! Go home and jump in the pool!
~M~ who has been trying to get her pool up with the help of N.

Pat - Arkansas said...

6-11-08 Thanks for dropping by the blog, Cottonpicker! And for your kind words. Glad you enjoy it.
I can no longer even imagine 106 degrees and 60 mph wind! Drink plenty of water, or you'll dry up and blow away with the loose hay! Our temps get well above 100 during the hottest part of the summer, and it's sticky humid to boot, but if there's any wind, it's just a breeze. You and your hay-workers are in my thoughts and prayers. Y'all take care, now!