Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15xLhdDpc

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Felix Navidad Ya'll !

Hope this finds all of you embracing the season with a tamale in one hand and a hunk of fudge in the other!




This is my "charlie brown" poinsettia. In true form, there is indeed a story behind this poor flower. Call it a pride thing, but I decided last year I was going to keep it alive till this year if it hair-lipped the governor. Well, it is alive....not pretty, but alive. Last spring, I planted it on the north side of the house where it THRIVED! I was so proud of how big it had gotten over the summer and how many people would marvel at my ability to grow poinsettias in none other but.... New Mexico....yada yada. Yeah, well this is what happens when you transplant a tropical plant on a hot day and shock it's very being. It dried up, coughed, sputtered and like a true farmer, I just kept watering it. Well, all the leaves fell off but two and then a miraculous thing happened....it started coming alive again - musta been all the water. It still hasn't turned all red yet but I think it has a certain charm.





This is the rose poinsettia I finally found and yesiree bob I'm going to plant it and see if maybe I can almost kill this one too.









This is "Miss Hollywood" doing her thing on the rocking horse that Santa hasn't brought yet.








After a hard day of riding herd on Mamaw and terrorizing the wienie dog, she retreats to her ducky hot tub for a time of relaxation - reflecting on the day behind her and dreaming of the mischief of tomorrow.

Till next time, adios.

5 comments:

Ranch wife said...

Well I am impressed even if no one else is. If any of yall knew how very hard it is to grow 'normal' plant out here in the wild wild west you would be impressed that Cottonpicker could even keep her perty Christmas posey alive. Good job Miss Green Thumb.

Yes I can see a star shinning over Hollywood at this very minute. Of course the anti-social behavior that little punkin head displays might be a hindrance to her up and coming career of a starlet!

~M~

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

I have done the same thing with my poinsetta's...my neighbor and I both planted ours on the north side of our houses too and they did great! My neighbor's got over 2 foot tall! It was beautiful! I love to do that sort of thing...I meant to bring in my geraniums this year and waited a little long, last time I did they really flourished! Love the Christmas
posey...never seen one and it's pretty!
That baby girl is grown so much! Christmas will be even more special this year with that little angel!

Countrygirl said...

My is that little one growing! She's a cutie. Good job with the flowers - they're beautiful - it's a Charlie Brown plant. Don't think it would make it here outside, even plants that are supposed to don't come back. Ha!

Ranch Wife said...

Well if you, the master gardener, can't keep it alive then no one can! Y'all should see cotton picker's yard - it's a garden of Eden in this otherwise barren, dry desert.

So, do we just drop in for that fudge?

Miss Hollywood - great nickname! What a cutie! Looks like you're enjoying that new camera!

Paula said...

Ooohh! Aaaahhh! That is our favorite expression for, "Dude, I wish I could do that!" - Keep a plant alive, have some fudge, ride like Miss Hollywood, and get a hot tub!