Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15xLhdDpc

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

2009 Yeehaw Sisterhood Membership Drive

The first annual Yeehaw Sisterhood membership drive is well under way. This club began a year or so back, when three unlikely women, found friendship, based on a common lifestyle and a love for country living. Through mishaps with parents, children and in laws, these women were forever intertwined, resulting in several unforgettable road trip adventures that will bind them till the cows come home. Should you be interested in joining this most prestigious club of sisters, the following requirements must be met for consideration. Young whippersnappers who don't know "come here from sic'em" need not apply.

1. All applicants must be at least 40 years old.

2. At least two body parts must be saggin, baggin and/or dragging.....no exceptions.

3. All applicants must have bore two or more children....Stretchmarks are worn as a badge of honor .

4. Applicants will be highly considered if she was raised around , has married into or is married to a bovine or parts thereof.

5. Gray hair or hair growing in strange places is totally acceptable and encouraged.

6. Crow's feet and laugh lines are considered respectable.

7. Applicants must be able to help her man process cattle, make a mean biscuit and grow at least five varieties of vegetables.

8. All applicants must be menopausal or at least in the throws of menopause and must misbehave at least two days a week. Remember, well behaved women rarely make history.

9. Applicants must have a fetish for chocolate, and have at least two months supply on hand for any unforeseen crisis or the crisis of a fellow sister .

10 . Last but not least, all applicants must be able to drop whatever she's doing to emotionally uplift other members of the sisterhood in a minutes notice. This includes prayer in a cornfield, coffee over the phone or drinking eggnog in the parking lot of the local farm store.

To submit your request for enrollment, simply include your credentials in the comment section and your membership will be given due consideration. Initiation will take place after the holidays and will include a potluck dinner. Till next time, adios!

9 comments:

Countrygirl said...

Okay, count me in! No gray hairs though, yet! Ha!

Ranch Wife said...

LOL! And that's just a taste of what y'all will be missing! Well said girl! Holler if you need a pair of arms to hold that little one while you get fitted for those new goggles.

Ranch wife said...

You didn't mention that we do have the Jr. Yeehaw's. Of course they will not receive all the true rights, and Yeehaw status for a number of years....married for a couple of years with one child under your belt will get you into the Jr. Yeehaw section, but don't expect to be brought into the inner circle till 40 years of age. Us older ones are like fine wine...we only get better with time, and we have earned the title...."Yeehaw's". And yes I will agree that our guidelines might me considered somewhat snooty...but hey it's our club and we can do what we want!

Countygirl welcome...you are a true blue Yeehaw! This gal team penned very large with child. I know cause I was her partner and I was small with child. But....bragging about no gray hair is......well...I will just say that I will let it pass this time...but the consequences might be dire! Just kidding, :) Brag away. I haven't seen my hair with no gray since I was 30.....

Good list Cottonpicker...now about that pot-luck.....it will be a chocolate buffet won't it?

~M~

little apple tally said...

The list sounds like a true test.... but do you have an auxiliary or advisory group or something? Been there, done that, but as a widow w/job in town who no longer grows veggies, well....... Oh and I don't stockpile chocolate.... cause I can't leave it alone if I know its in the house.

I hear there's a ranch woman retiring down to hubby's ranch at Crawford, Texas. Suppose she'd meet your qualifications? Doubt if she's been to a potluck in a while though.

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Oh Man, I can't fulfill #1, #8 or #9. I feel so.....cheated! What a club. Gives me something to look forward to! I love it! You are so darn funny and so creative! I like the way you think!!!!

cottonpicker said...

This club is open to all that have "been there, done that". We really aren't that snooty, are we Ranchwife?

Ranch wife said...

No we really aren't snooty. We just make up rules and stuff to make us feel important. So...Les don't worry about meeting all the requirements. I vote you in.

~M~

Paula said...

Yippee, Yeehaww! I'm in!
1. Yep (Never thought I'd be happy about that!)
2. Yep (Ditto)
3. Yep (Mine are a science project)
4. Yep (Well - roping steers)
5. Yep (Have I mentioned the mustache?)
6. Got 'em
7. A. Yep B. Yep, thanks to Ranchwife, C. Potatos, beans, cucs, toms, corn! Yeehaw! Oh, wait - toms are fruit! eeck!
8. Yep (I've been and am still naughty)
9. I'm on it!
10. I'll provide my phone number!

I want to thank my hairdresser, my therapist, and all my bloggin' gals for this wonderful honor and opportunity! Oh! Wait - the bloggin' gals are my therapist!

cottonpicker said...

Paula, I believe you have qualified yourself for some sort of office......such enthusiasm!!