Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15xLhdDpc

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Did little Jesus have a Mamaw?

With Christmas only six months away, I was singing "Away in a Manger" on the way to the hayfield one day last week, and strange as it seems, I began to ponder Christ's birth. Where was Jesus's Mamaw during His birth? If Joseph was to be registered in his ancestral home, it would seem to me that at least "his" parents would have been present for this most special event in their lives. And while we're at it, where was Mary's momma? Was she with Mary's daddy at a local camel convention somewhere, or being registered elsewhere?? It just seem to me that a mamaw should have been close by.....somewhere. I do realize the use of cell phones were not an option in those days but honestly girls.....you see my point. Since becoming a mamaw myself a few short weeks ago, I have discovered that I "ooze" wisdom in "all" areas of life......including those areas that I know nothing about.....and Mary should have had the benefit of a mother's advise on......oh say nursing, fussy babies, etc.... Lucky for Joseph, she was AWOL.

And then, I was rocking Karli this morning, just watching her as she slept. I kept looking at her little hands and feet, fascinated with how small and delicate they are. I know Mary did the same thing. Untold hours were spent just adoring Jesus while he slept. I wonder if she realized that someday those precious hands and feet would be pierced; that the brow she kissed each day would have a crown of thorns placed on it, and his soft, sweet skin that she so tenderly bathed would be striped for all mankind. I have a great deal of respect for this woman, being between God's purposes, and her role as a mother. I kind of wonder though, if she was like one of our ranch cow mamas. She has no idea that her baby is going to be branded, cut, and ear marked; that in the fall, a cowtruck will come rolling down the road to take the baby she has nursed, protected and befriended to places unknown - to fulfill the purpose for which he was created -to feed mankind. All she knows is that right now, her baby needs her to provide milk for a hungry belly, shelter from the storms , protection from wild critters and a spit bath each morning.

If she, so unselfishly, could invest so much of herself into the life of the child that would save my old hide, I believe I can invest more time into the lives of others. Till next time, adios

4 comments:

Pat - Arkansas said...

Cottonpicker, that's a most insightful post. I'm sure He *did* have a Mamaw. There are so many things about Jesus and his earthly family that we do *not* know.

Wishing you a blessed week.

Anonymous said...

Wow, loved your post Lora! :)

Countrygirl said...

Excellent insight! We all should be able to invest more in others! Great post!

Paula said...

I just amazes me . . . I can click on your blog and get exactly what I'm needing!