Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15xLhdDpc

Friday, July 11, 2008

Totally untitled - don't know where this will go!

Is peace the absence of chaos or just chillin' in the midst of an impending storm? Not sure? Well neither am I but at the moment I do believe I'm experiencing some of it. The lull is welcome, but I'm a bit suspicious of it. GI son is doing his Nat'l Guard stuff, Ross is reading a book, Katie is napping(recovering from last night and preparing for tonite) Jake is out chasing rabbits on the 4-wheeler and Karli is sleeeping peacefully on my bed. My house and yard are clean and my laundry is caught up. No, I'm not bragging, I'm just....thankful. Tomorrow we will have a Bar-B-Que for, and in honor of, a close friend's family that has truly known what chaos is. They have survived two unspeakable tragedies in their lives and today they will put a close to the last one. They have been tested and have a testamony. I, on the otherhand, if being tested like that would just have the "mony". Tragedy either makes you bitter, or better. And I have found that you can't be pitiful and powerful at the same time. A choice always has to be made. This family has chosen the high road and allowed the Lord to make them better for it and a powerful testament that when you're going through hell, don't slow down - just keep on keepin' on till you get to the other side. I admire their strength and friendship, and it has been a privilege to walk by their side all these years. Till next time, adios.

1 comment:

Ranch wife said...

Great post. And I love the new pictures of Mamaw's little darling! Have a great time with you visit.
~M~