Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15xLhdDpc

Friday, July 18, 2008

Ross, it's time to come home!

It's been five days since Ross sailed out of here with one of his good buddies for an adventure of a lifetime. They left out early Monday morning heading to Ocala, Florida with a load of hay - then dropped down to Ocheechobee to pick up a load of calves for Oklahoma. Florida is one of the few states Ross has never visited, so this invitation was irresistable. I assured him we could handle whatever arose and so far we have. But.....it's time for him to come home. Doubt they'll have near the fun me and my buds have on one of our roadtrips but......they are men....and they'll do the best they can. It will take them a week to have all the fun we have in one day. Speaking of roadtrips, Ranchwife, Dirtscrapper and I decided to take a short daytrip to the nearest quiltshop within 90 miles a couple weeks ago. Little did we know, the quilt shop was closed on monday. We had no cattle crews to feed, no hay to haul, and here we were with all this time on our hands. Well, the only logical thing to do was to head on to Lubbock, Tx. When in doubt, keep on driving! Since we all have limited bladder control, we stop when we want - every ten miles if necessary. We eat when and where we want. If the mall calls , we answer. There is no time limit in the prissy panty section, and if by chance we need a starbucks, or a nibble of chocolate to keep our strength up for the rest of the day, so be it. We did find the elusive material Dirtscrapper needed to start her quilt. We could have looked for cute baby material and such if Ranchwife had of spilled the beans about being a granny 200 miles sooner......yeah she's still in hot water...... but I guess I'll have to completely forgive her as soon as I get my pie......thought I forgot huh?! Ha! All in all, it was a good day....a needed day by all. We've decided to make this a monthly thing.....better time this carefully. If we synchronize to closely, we might get thrown out of another small town. Anyhoo, till next time, adios.

5 comments:

Pat - Arkansas said...

Nice to hear from you, Cottonpicker. I figured you'd been really busy and not posting, and so you were.

Glad you got a day off to run around with the ladies and that you didn't get thrown out of town.

Have a great weekend.

cottonpicker said...

Yeah, it's a full time job keeping track of those two - you can't take'em anywhere!!

Ranch wife said...

Ok, I do believe that it is time for that wandering husband of your to come back to the Land of Enchantment.
It was a good day, and a good road trip, and you behaved very very well. no mention of me just getting out of prison as I am witting a check or any of the bad behavior displayed on the weiner dog fetching trip. I think you were afraid of dirt road scrapper...she walks softly and carries a big stick! :) :) :)
Oh yes I did promise a pie, as a token of my groveling and asking for forgiveness in not revealing the "baby" news until about 25 miles from home. And yes you will get your pie!
~M~

Paula said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paula said...

I read my first comment and wondered who was moving my fingers!

You three on the loose! Country's come to town and the city folks better look out!!

I'm envious.