Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15xLhdDpc

Sunday, July 27, 2008

A few things I really don't like!

This week's blog was inspired by this afternoon's activity. What happens when you take your favorite dog out for a four-wheeler ride to the closest windmill to go swimming?? You get to shovel tank mud. Don't make much sense, does it! Actually, I'm glad we discovered this problem, and I know the cows standing around looking longingly into an empty drink tub appreciated it too. Didn't take long to fix. Ross and Jake had it going within fifteen minutes or so. The check had backed off the sucker rod and since our water is only 20 feet deep, it was no biggie.
Moving right along, in the most prestigious spot of number two, is none other than....flies. Yep, those pesky critters that fly up your nose while you're trying to water your roses, biting you on the ankles, dive bombing while you sleep...yeah those. Not sure what purpose they serve other than making you feel justified when you smear their little guts all over the freezer door...that was gross.... but I don't think there is enough insecticide in the known world to kill off this vermin.
Can I have a drum roll please.....topping the list at number one is probably the most awful, boring, back-breaking..... rather have a butt-whipping than do this ....job. But here it is - none other than.... ironing. Yep that's right. I've had some pretty ugly jobs in my life - shoveling out a silage trailer full of corn in 100 degree weather, fighting flies and such, shoveling out cowtruck trailers full of @#%$^ in 100 degree weather, fighting flies and such....seems as though around here all jobs involve hot temperatures and flies. Anyhoo, ironing is the one job, if I could hire done, I would. Let's here it for polyester blends!! Till next time, adios.

3 comments:

Pat - Arkansas said...

Well, Cottonpicker; I don't have to clean stock tanks, and the flies around here are not all that thick (it's mosquitos, here), but I agree with you 100% about the ironing! Early on in my blog I started an essay about "Why I Hate to Iron" but wore myself out talking about *washing* clothes (which I still love to do.) The second installment about ironing is still waiting in my drafts file. One of these days...!

Hope you're looking forward to a good week.. with no ironing!

Ranch wife said...

You left out one....draining and cleaning the pool! Did that thing ever get through draining?

~M~ who may go take a dip, just because I can.

Paula said...

I don't know. . . my Mom could do some pretty incredible stuff with an iron! New clothes were rare but when we found a second-hand item that we really liked, Mom could put the iron to it and make it look brand new! So I always get a little bit excited to put my iron to my 50 cent garage sale find! It will either smolder away or be my next best blouse!

BUT I can do without the #%&@! in 100 degree weather! AND the flie guts on the freezer!

Blessings~
P.