Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15xLhdDpc

Monday, February 16, 2009

Want the honest truth?

I'm not sure you would get it. Truth is, not many people know what that is anymore. In light of some recent revelations in our world today, the truth would be a breath of fresh air. The Word has alot to say on the subject of truth. Jesus said "I am the way, the truth and the life", we are commanded to "speak each man the truth", to "worship in spirit and truth" to "rejoice in the truth". On the flip side of the coin, satan is called the father of all liars. There is absolutely no telling how many marriages have fallen, family ties broken, hearts of children crushed because of a lie. My mom had a story about lies. Bear with me - she was a strong Christian but a farmwife that used terms that anyone would understand. There was a time in my younger days, when I was quite good at not telling the truth. One day, she was illustrating to me what even a "white lie" was. She pointed to a pile of chicken potty and said - " you see that little white spot on top of that pile? Even though it is very small and white, it's all chicken shit. " Enough said - Living in the days in which we do, I want to encourage you all to pray for discernment. As the days progress, I believe truth will be a rare and precious thing. Till next time, adios!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Blog! Check out this new Christian band that just released their first album. From what I heard on the samples site, they sound really good.

Introducing the new Christian National Anthem: Guns & Jesus.

Please pass on this info to all.

Ranch wife said...

I like the truth...although it is hard to take sometimes. I would have liked your mama.

~M~

Odd Chick said...

I think the hardest truth is the one we tell ourselves in the mirror after being in God's Word and accepting what He alone has revealed to us about our shadow parts. OUCH... but it is not a hard mean judge I come to, but a forgiving Father

- great posts little sister.

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

That sounds EXACTLY like what my mom told me! "even a little bit stinks!"

What a great prayer...discernment. Thanks for the encouragement! Have a great week.

Paula said...

It is hard to take AND hard to give. But when done in love, can be the key to many things!

Blessings~
P.