Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15xLhdDpc

Monday, December 20, 2010

Standing up for what you believe.

Ah, to be a Daniel....... something all Christians have dealt with in one capacity or another. We've all been challenged at certain times in our lives to take the high road or speak up and be counted when justice was waning or some entity was attempting to sink their hand too deeply into our pockets, but I doubt any of us have ever been threatened with our very lifeblood if we didn't compromise our faith. Recently I ran across one of Ben's old textbooks from Liberty University, and found some pearls of wisdom; the courageous faith of some of our old testament heroes. To say the least, I was convicted and encouraged to share this treasure with others.
Shadrach, Meshach an Abednego are standing before King Nebuchadnezzar, being threatened with execution for not worshiping the king's idol. "Then what god will be able to rescue you from my hand he said."(Daniel 3:15).
"O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and He will rescue us from your hand, O king. But even if He does not, we...will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold"(Daniel 3:16-18).
'Humanly speaking, they had everything to gain by compromising. Spiritually speaking, they had everything to lose: their character, their integrity, and their commitment.'
We know how this account ends - The boys are thrown into the furnace and survive the ordeal unharmed. "Praise be to the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, who has sent his angel and rescued his servants" Nebuchadnezzar said. "They trusted in him....and were willing to give up their lives rather than serve or worship any god except their own God" (Daniel 3:28).
'Two things are apparent from this account. First, it was an incredible testimony of Nebuchadnezzar. The pagan king was impressed by their courage and by God's power. Until you are willing to take such a stand, the power of God will never be evident in your life.
Second, the Hebrews put their fate in God's hands. They were willing to give up their lives for their beliefs. When people are willing to die for what they believe, they will also be willing to live for what they believe.
Very few Americans ever face this option. Rarely are any of us called upon to die for our faith in Jesus Christ. But until we are willing to die for Him, we will never fully live for Him. The true martyr is the one who believes his testimony is more important than his safety, and his faith more important than his life.'
The following confession of an African Christian was found among his papers after he was martyred:
" I am part of the Fellowship of the Unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit's power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look up, let up, slow down, back away, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I am finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tame visions, mundane talking, chintzy giving, and dwarfed goals.
I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by presence, learn by faith, love by patience, lift by prayer, and labor by power. My pace is set, my gait is fact, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few, my guide reliable, my mission clear.
I cannot be bought, compromised, deterred, lured away, turned back, diluted, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, back up, let up, or shut up until I've preached up, prayed up, stored up, and stayed up the cause of Christ."
I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I must go until Heaven returns, give until I drop, preach until all know, and work until He comes. And when He comes to get His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My colors will be clear."
May this be every Christian's banner. The days in which we live are perilious and full of compromise at every level. May we have the courage to stand for Christ and His righteousness always.
Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year! Till next time, adios.

1 comment:

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Amen Sister....Preach on!

Thanks for a wonderful reminder. Sending warm KS wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Blessed 2011!!