Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15xLhdDpc

Monday, February 15, 2010

In Search of a Bathingsuit...part one

Been on the hunt for a "modest" bathing suit of sorts for an upcoming cruise my husband planned for us in April. The search for this elusive suit actually began years prior to this. I'm baffled why men's board shorts are a generous 20" in length and the women's are....well your cheekies would be in danger of getting sunburned. So I googled "long women's boardshorts" and most of the sights had them a whole 7" long and the cute ones were all the way up to a size 11...whoa! Well now.... I'm 5'10" and weigh in the 170 range and a size 11, 7" short ain'ta gonna work. If you go plus size, you get to look at a 450 lb model in a swimdress and a pair of panties. People don't need to see the junk in your trunk and I don't want to show all my 47 year old parts to nobody outside of my husband, who's junk is as old as mine...so there you go. Going one step further, if I were a milk cow, I would be considered a holstein, not a jersey. Finding tops that cover the mammies are...well, impossible unless you've had circus balloons implanted and I have not. I'm thinking seriously about finding some matching pillowcases and making my own. So the search continues.... till next time, adios.

13 comments:

Ranch wife said...

Oh my Word! HAve you been eating chocolate! You are wound up tighter then an eight day clock. Matching pillow cases....~laughing~.

~M~

plusstyle said...

Don't give up - there are lots of options in plus size swimsuits available online. AlwaysForMe.com has one piece styles, swimdresses, skirtinis and more. Even swim separates if your the top and bottom sizes are different.
http://www.alwaysforme.com

Still anxious about walking around the ship in a swimsuit - pick up one of their beautiful cover ups. Love to hear what you think ?

Paula said...

I started laughing before I even started reading! I think I might just get on-line and start shopping for you! This should be fun! I've never heard them called mammies . . .that is hilarious! Just wear a pair of cut-off's. You'll be more comfortable! I swore when I was young that I would never wear a "skirt" swimsuit. Never swear!

Blessings~

P.

cottonpicker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cottonpicker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cottonpicker said...

Well, I got me a suit ordered....took plusstyle's advise and checked out alwaysforme.com They had some adorable swimwear only they weren't big enough up top. So I googled "modest swimmingsuits DDD cup" and whala...there's an outfit by the name of Exelnt Designs and they START with an E cup and go all the way up to I...oh my. It should be in in about two weeks and I'll let ya'll know what happens.

Farmchick said...

Very cute post....sounds like a dilema! I see though that you got it all figured out! Good for you! :) Hope you can stop by for a visit sometime. :)

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Oh how I have missed you Cottonpicker!!!!!

Swimsuit shopping should be considered pure punishment. I dread it every year...

Have a wonderful trip...can't wait to see the suit!!!

GreenRanchingMom said...

Lol!! I'm only 5foot nothin, but I have huge issues with the top half. If it has enough support to hold the girls above my belly button; they're all hanging out the top. Love to hear more about your suit & trip!!

cottonpicker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cottonpicker said...

Thanks ya'll for all the "support"...no pun intended!! Will keep you posted on the impending wreck!

Unknown said...

Try Lands End for your need.

West Texas Momma said...

Love your blog very cute!Stop buy some time I am married to a cotton stripper/rancher.