Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15xLhdDpc

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ah, get over your sweet self!!

Ever have "one of those days" and three weeks later you wonder if the "drama" will ever end? Well, that would be me. My creative juices have been as wet as a dry creek bed so there you go. A partial list of "issues" would include..... teenage hormones, my hormones, a needed trip to the chiropractor, a reoccurring uti, cold dry weather, a wienie dog that refuses to "potty train", being on a diet I hate, a son headed to Afghanistan and a general bad attitude. Any one of these for mentioned offenses would be just another day at the office but I've had 'em all at once and finally came to the conclusion that this is just life - get over it..... so I did. With that said, I've decided to get a goat....yep that would be Ranchwife's bright idea. I know I'm a grown woman with a mind of my own but she borrowed it the other day and put that idea in it before she returned it. So come Saturday, we may be headed to "goatmart" to put our dibs on our goats. Haven't told my dh about my newest adventure but he'll find out soon enough I suppose. One good thing is, they're bred and will be milking by June which will be just right weather wise and Karli will be off the "baby milk" by then. Besides, what is cuter that a baby goat......right?? I will have to pen these - the last ones I had, liked to play on great - great - grandmothers's red sports car and she just got a new one. Here's a story I got in an e-mail that will put a smile on anyone's face, especially if you have daughters!! One day my mother was out and my dad was in charge of me. I was maybe 2 1/2 yrs. old and had just recoverd from an accident. Someone had given me a little 'tea set' as a get-well gift and it was one of my favorite toys. Daddy was in the living room engrossed in the evening news when I brought Daddy a little cup of 'tea', which was just water. After several cups of tea and lots of praise for such yummy tea, my Mom came home. My Dad made her wait in the living room to watch me bring him a cup of tea, because it was 'just the cutest thing!' My Mom waited and sure enough, here I come down the hall with a cup of tea for Daddy and she watches him drink it up. Then she says, (as only a mother would know...) 'Did it ever occur to you that the only place she can reach to get water is the toilet? Till next time, adios.

9 comments:

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Love the story! Oh that's so funny. Been missin ya, wondered how you were. How soon does DS go to Afghanistan? Will have him covered in prayer...hang in there. God is good and you're tough!
Can't wait to see this new goat...sounds fun!

GreenRanchingMom said...

Wow! All our thoughts and prayers are for your son and family as he travels to protect us!

Great story!

Ranch wife said...

You best not tell DH that "I" put those goat thoughts in your head......I just mentioned in passing that I was getting a goat, and then you wanted one too. Soooo I will not take any of the blame when the said goat climbs up on Grandmothers red sports car.

BY the way DH, Nathan and I went and got my goats and now Martha, Mary, and Lazarus are at home in the barn.

~M~

Paula said...

Ah . . . so glad you are back . . . glad you "got over it", although, I don't know if I could have that quickly!

Does RanchWife barrow your brain often? What a great friend you are to let her do that!!

Let us know the goat names!

Got the DS covered!

Blessings~
P.

cottonpicker said...

DS will be heading to Afghanistan sometime in the late summer. He has combat medic refresher starting Feb 2nd. He will train in Wisconsin for 3 months after some training here. Thankyou for all the prayers. Well Ranchwife...... when I was a "young" spiritually immature christian wife, I used to think it was easier to ask for forgiveness that for permission and then did what I wanted. NOW that I'm so mature in my 20 years of marriage, I asked him about the goat and he ever so sweetly commented that he has enough to do with building gates etc. for the feedlot and doesn't have the time for goat anything. So how about saving me a nanny baby if you're blessed with more than what you need and then, by then, we will be prepared for the "arrival"!!
Yes Paula, if I lose my mind and Ranchwife finds it...best of luck to her...she hasn't found much!!

Ranch Wife said...

Well I am NOT going with y'all because I will end up coming home with a goat and then DH will make me sleep in the barn with it! I can hear him now when I drive up with one and before I can even utter one word he will say, "Yep. I can see you've been hanging around cottonpicker and ranchwife"!

Farmchick said...

That was a cute story!!! Our kids have shown goats in the past....fainting goats that is!! They have moved on now though to sheep and cattle. Goats are very precious though when they are little!!!

Peanut said...

Hey Lora!

I have a new blog... And thus a new blog address... Dunno what led me to start a new one really... But here we are:

http://sweetlybroken52.blogspot.com/

Peanut said...

Hey Lora!!

I have a new blog... And thus a new blog address... Dunno what led me to start a new one really... But here we are:

http://sweetlybroken52.blogspot.com/