Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15xLhdDpc

Saturday, August 30, 2008

"On the seventh day He rested"

Well, it's indeed the seventh day and I too am going to rest. Life can be hard and unpredictable, but God is good. He has shown His mighty hand in the lives of several friends and family this week; and in the days in which we live, it seems like every family we know is going through something monumental; testing faith and trust. I've had a little bit of trouble in that area myself. Being the control freak that I am, I seem to always be trying to advise the Lord in areas I know nothing about.
Went to town yesterday, and should have had the flashers going, warning everyone there was a mamaw on the loose, and she might be armed and dangerous. I had several things I needed to do, had already put in a full day and was about as friendly as a horny toad. Well, I backed out and ran over the cat....yessserrrii bob....this is going to be a fun day!! Got to town...got to the grocery store....no debit card and only enough cash to pick up the green chili I was after in the first place. Called Katie and she was headed to town - said she would meet me at the farm store with my card. Meanwhile, I headed out to Hobson's Gardens to get my yearly supply of roasted chili, and was two bucks short...good thing we haul all their hay - Got home finally....in one piece, got a few groceries, twenty gallons of water, got my chili put up and and I think I'll make some chili rellenos today for dinner. Got a green chili stew on the stove...it's a cloudy, cool morning and that just sounds good to me. Till next time...adios!

2 comments:

Paula said...

Sorry about the cat - I have five more you can target!

Friendly as a Horney Toad has me rollin! I'm gonna use that line sometime!

Odd Chick said...

sweet, sweet baby pictures... not like a little girl to soften the hard edges of the world.