Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15xLhdDpc

Friday, August 15, 2008

Bless Sarah's pea-pickin' heart!

It's 11:00 am and I've yet to get my clothes on. What am I doing sitting here blogging instead of all the necessary stuff that lies before me?? This is day three of "Operation Mamaw" in which I care for my daughter's three month old while she's in school. I have forgotton how much work babies are. After the third bottle and four chorus' of the "cuppy-cake song", I thought of Abraham's wife Sarah. At age 99 she became eligible for her yearly "Mother's Day" card and as I'm trying to get dinner ready for the hay-hauling crew, fold clothes, and do my normal morning chores, while trying to get a sleepy, but clearly not cooperating baby down for a desperately needed nap, I was wondering how Sarah managed to "keep up". Karli threw her first out-right, no holes barred, out of the park, temper fit this morning. They say that a baby rattlesnake's venom is just as dangerous as a big snake's. Well, I think in those terms, that estrogen levels of baby girls are just as potent as a full grown woman's - maybe even more so. She come undone now..... not to worry....this is not my first rodeo. Now back to Sarah....what was she thinking?? I 'm not EVEN going to pretend to understand God's ways, or his timing....but as for me and my household, timing is EVERYTHING! And.... time is getting away from me. I have a lot to do before the little princess wakes up and starts ruling her kingdom with an iron fist. Till next time. adeos.

3 comments:

Ranch wife said...

Well...I don't know what to say...but well. Glad to hear that operation Mamaw is in full swing..and you will survive..but this is exactly why women our ages need to be past all this baby rearing stuff. Sarah was a divine appointment if there ever was one. But these gals that want to start a family in their mid-forties, I just have to wonder...what are they thinking!
With that I bid you adieu. DH and I are off, here in a bit, to the big city of Amarillo for the weekend. Can't wait! We need some me time away from phones,and work.

Ta Ta
~M~

Paula said...

Wow - She is a sweet little princess! And I have thought, maybe just one more . . .but since I'm turnin' 40, and have just read your post . . . I think I'll pass!

Bless you for being a loving and understanding mother and mamaw - not many daughters have this kind of support!

Paula said...

Uhhhummm! Are we busy with baby or what? I've learned blog pressure from Ranch Wife! :D