Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15xLhdDpc

Monday, September 22, 2008

Favorite Place Revisited



Started revisiting an old favorite place of mine. I'm not sure why I quit coming here....It's the perfect place to just sit and think...... and pray for what's on my heart. I know I can pray anywhere, but I always feel closest to the Lord here; not that He isn't everywhere....He just seems to meet me here, where I'm at. As I listen to the windmill turning in the gentle breeze, and watch the water trickling out, I'm really at peace. No fancy words are required for this meeting; I've learned that wailing, pleading and fit throwing doesn't impress the heart of God, but trusting those we love the most to His care does. If He allows it, there's a lesson in it. The thing I like the most about this place and and the journey here is, nothing changes. The place is totally unaffected by politics, world disasters, the stock market, fuel prices....you get the picture. The cows follow the same trails to get here each morning, tank up on water and head out for breakfast. The flowers bloom on time, the prairie dogs are doing whatever prairie dogs do.
Oh by the way, Happy Fall Ya'll!! Yep, this is the day I've been waiting for....the calendar finally caught up with my autumn decor!! No, I won't go dig out my Christmas ornaments yet...I'm waiting for a special occasion ...like a estrogen extravaganza or a hormone meltdown. Should be any day now. Actually it's been a great week - nothing catastrophic. And since it's only monday, I am completely optimistic the rest of the week should follow suit! Well, it's now 8:00 p.m. and mamaw is officially off the clock... believe I'll head to bed!! 10 hours from now we start over - till next time, adios!

3 comments:

Pat - Arkansas said...

Looks like a great place to just sit, be quiet and listen with an open heart.

Ranch wife said...

Great post. I always think about how Jesus went away from the crowds to be quite and pray. I am thinking a trip to the windmill is scriptural.
I really thought at the first day of fall your Christmas tree would be up and the Christmas aisle of Hobby Lobby would be devoid of all things Christmas.
Good job on restraining yourself!
:)

~M~

Paula said...

I need your windmill! I haven't found that quiet place yet on my new place- but I'm searching!