Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15xLhdDpc

Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Art of Empty Nesting.....and such..

Who is this man living in my house....that I just cleaned, eating my food.... that I just cooked, wearing clean clothes.... that I just washed? The same man that I have worked side by side with for the past twenty three years....and don't know as well as I should! In a perfect world, boy meets girl, they date... forever, become engaged, plan a wedding at least six months in advance, marry, honeymoon, buy a home with a white picket fence, and a few years later, have 2.5 kids, 3 dogs, a cat, and so on and so forth....In my world, I already had a two year old son, Ross and I met, we dated two months, got married, had Jake 8 months later, Katie came along 17 months after that, we raised our family, went through the ups and downs of the teen years that included a grandbaby that we had the privilege of raising for three glorious years.....and then....poof! Suddenly all of a sudden, we find ourselves for the first time in our entire married life...ALONE! I know what you're thinking....but no it's not like being young newlyweds....our life, marriage, work, play....everything, revolved around our kids and it's almost like having to start from scratch and "date" a while. It's been four months and we're still new at this. It has taken many evenings sitting on the front porch, drinking cold brews to sort through stuff, tie loose ends and cuss and discuss our likes and dislikes (didn't know he had any)....and it hasn't been all pretty. All in all, I think we're gonna make it and since we started this little adventure, we have been blessed beyond measure. The good Lord indeed has a good sense of humor and he doesn't reward bad behavior. On September 11th we were blessed with another grandgirl, Keylee.





















Life right now is good. There is always a storm brewing, but that is just life! God is good all the time, and till next time, adios!

4 comments:

Ranch wife said...

Have a honeymoon, Ruidoso is just a hop and skip away. Get those calves lined out. The frost is almost on the punkin, that means hay hauling is almost over. Grab your husband of 20 plus years and get a room.

Thats all I an gona say about that. :)

That is a darling little girl. God has blessed yall.

Later alligator
~M~

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Good to hear from ya! Sounds like life has been....interesting!

That baby girl is just precious.
Take care..

I agree with RW...head to Ruidoso...

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Empty nest syndrom must be contagious...we've got a case of it here too. However, we're starting to get the hang of it. Just be sure and holler before you come over for a visit...wink, wink!

Paula said...

Oh my. Being of the hormonal age, I wasn't sure if I wanted to laugh, cry or both when I was reading that! Moving forward can be hard. Keep up the good work!

Blessings~

P.