Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15xLhdDpc

Monday, March 30, 2009

And on the 8th day, Mamaw rested!

What a weekend!! Loved every minute of it, but now that it's monday, the possibilities are endless! Had kids coming and going.... eating and drinking.....sleeping, working and playing...and now...it's quiet. Katie left Karli with me this weekend so she could check out a local college in a neighboring town. It's been quite a while since I slept with a baby in my bed...human that is and that made for an interesting night. Between her and two little "bedhog" dogs, the fifteen minutes sleep I got was wonderful. The second night went a little better. I had a "come to Jesus meeting" with Ladybug and Slack and they finally decided to cooperate - threatening to kick them out in the cold had nothing to do with their decision. Ben was able to spend a little time with the family before he headed out to Santa Fe this morning for combat training. He will be there for the next month. Jake came home for spring break and we always have drop ins throughout the weekend - so my stove stayed hot and my sink, full of dishes. Forgot how much food it takes to feed teenagers but I love having a full house!! Well, gotta go. Karli has this walking business down to a science. So glad I'm so fit and trim....huff, huff... and in top physical shape...wheeze, gasp...or I'd never keep up with her.... till next time, adios!

4 comments:

Ranch wife said...

All Mamaws deserve a day of rest. Glad you got one.

~M~

Ranch Wife said...

Just remember - little ones keep you young and age is only a state of mind! LOL! Oh, and you're only as young as you think you are. Now go set a spell and holler when you want me to come over and help you get up!

Paula said...

I get downright cranky when they start crawling back in my bed! A womans got to get her rest or she becomes a . . . well - not a very nice woman! Glad you enjoyed all the coming and going! My boys are eating my out of house and home. Don't know what I'll do when they are Man-boys!

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Wishing you and your family a Blessed Easter from KS!