Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15xLhdDpc

Saturday, November 1, 2008

There's a jaguar on the loose!






I absolutely hate Halloween and am repulsed by all the gruesome images of death - but I do get a kick out of seeing little ones dressed up in cute costumes and strutting their stuff.`I'm always glad to get this aweful day out of the way so I can focus on the season of Thanksgiving. I love all the holiday baking, the anticipation of seeing kin, and just the giddiness of it all.



`Years ago, on Halloween night, the grandparents from next door would come over and we would have a wienie roast and make smores. The kids loved rounding up the wood and getting a fire started. Some years we near froze our ornaments off . We would stand facing the fire while the back side froze - then turned around till our buns were toasted....no pun intended. Now most of my brood are off making their own memories. Grandpa and I had frito pie, apple cobbler and enjoyed playing with our little jaguar.


`Today, I'm cleaning up my flower beds for next year. Karli and Grandpa brought me a bucket load of cow manure and I'm "enriching" the soil - we have mostly gyp dirt out here so all my dirt is imported from my brother's farm in Dexter. It's hard to have farmer blood living on a ranch sometimes but it's all good in the end - you have the best of both worlds. Ya'll be good - till next time, adios.

6 comments:

Ranch wife said...

Your little Jaj. it just toooo cute.

I love the pictures. Adorable.

It is a beautiful day, I just came in from a walk...and I do not want to clean house. Yuck...the great out doors is beckoning.

~M~

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

What an adorable little jaguar you had at your house! She is growing so fast.

Odd Chick said...

your little jaguar doesn't look to scary, in fact, she looks more like a pink panther. in fact, she looks cuddly and sweet and perfectly adorable.

Paula said...

We've got the baby girl fever at our house! The pink, cuddly, snuggly kind!

I don't like the day either - I decided before I even had kids that we just weren't going to take part. They don't seem to feel cheated or anything.

We have terrible hard clay here. After it rains, the clay dries exactly how it is - one big horse hoof, couple boot prints, tire tracks, you name it - anything to break your ankle or neck in! We need some sandy lome or something!

Blessings!
P.

Anonymous said...

I hate Halloween too, but it's awful cute to see the babies in costume! What a cute lil' girl that Karli is!

Anonymous said...

I changed my name to ranchgirl85. Some one posted my link on a discussion website, and I don't know who it was. That kinda freaked me out some... I don't like having my link for all the world to see. Anyway, just wanted to let ya know! :)